Financial Management is broadly defined as the application of general management principles to the financial resources and processes of the University. This section is designed to help you understand financial management as it pertains to departmental financial controls and regular financial activity review and monitoring.
- Learn about the processes and procedures that should be in place to ensure financial control and management in compliance with University guidelines and policies.
- Learn about the responsibilities for maintaining financial documents.
- See why these are an essential part of a financial manager’s role, explore best practices, understand how fund impacts review, and leverage reports for a successful review.
- Learn why spendable balance review is important to ensure departments are not over-spending any individual funding source.
- Review the guidelines to appropriately steward funds at Princeton University.