There are different ways to manage payments and reimbursements to individuals, depending on their status, the nature of the expense, and their relationship to your department and the University. View information regarding hiring and paying temporary staff via an agency in the section called Pay for Services. Visit Tax Compliance for information on awarding fellowships or prizes.
- Issue non-salary payments to faculty and staff, including business and travel expenses, as well as cash advances.
- Understand when to pay students via payroll, and when to use Concur expense reports, non-PO payment requests, and SAFE.
- Learn how to pay independent contractors, guest lecturers, entertainers, and others who work with the University on a limited basis.
- Handle expenses related to the provision of services to your office or department.
- Request a cash advance to pay for travel expenses when other payment options are not available or do not meet your business need.
- Manage relocation expenses for eligible faculty and staff.