Resolve Payment Issues

If you experience an issue during the ordering process or at delivery, then contact the supplier to seek resolution. If your issue remains unsolved, then contact the buyer responsible for the commodity in Procurement Services.


Receiving and Returns

Purchase orders greater than $2,500 require receiving by the department in Prime Financials. If the invoice received by Accounts Payable matches the purchase order, then payment will be issued. Suppliers should send invoices directly to Accounts Payable, with the purchase order number clearly noted, by email.

Notes About Returns, Exchanges, and Refunds

  • Return Authorization Number: Contact the supplier to receive a return authorization number.

  • Restocking Fees: Be aware that some suppliers charge a restocking fee of as much as 20% (even more for furniture purchases).

  • Shipping Charges: You may be responsible for return shipping charges.

  • Time Limits: Normally, suppliers only accept returns within 15 or 30 days of your receipt of the product.

  • Non-Refundable Items: Certain items (radioactive materials, chemicals, refrigerated or frozen products) may not be returnable.

  • Software: For software licensing, you may be required to fill out and sign a form guaranteeing that you will not use the product.

  • Open Boxes: In some cases, a box that has been opened, and therefore can no longer be sold as a new product, will not be returnable.

Check Management

Please follow the processes outlined below to manage common check-related needs.

Void a Check

If a check is outdated or no longer needed; or was issued in the wrong amount, to the wrong payee, or has an incorrect address; submit a Void Check Request form.

Stop Payment

If a check is lost or stolen, or if you need to stop payment for some other reason, then contact the Financial Service Center at 609-258-3080 or by email. If the check has not been cashed, then a stop payment will be placed.

Request a Duplicate Check

Contact the Financial Service Center at (609) 258-3080 or by email. If the check has not been cashed, then a stop payment will be placed, and a replacement check will be mailed to you or the supplier within 10 business days. If the check has been cashed, then Accounts Payable will send you a copy of the cashed check.