What You Should Know
Departmental Purchasing Card transactions will appear in Concur within 5-7 business days of the transaction. Based on their posting date, these transactions will automatically attach to an electronic billing statement in Concur, known as a Statement Report.
Statement Reports can be found in the Active Work section of the My Concur page under the tab labeled Statement Reports. Statement Reports are separate from the expense reports used to submit Travel and Expense Card activity and out-of-pocket expenses. Learn how to Enter & Approve Expense Reports.
You may see several tabs in your Active Work section:
- Requests – Used for student travel requests.
- Expense Reports – Used for Travel and Expense Card activity and out-of-pocket expenses.
- Statement Reports – Used for Departmental Purchasing Card activity.
New transactions will populate a Statement Report for the current month.
Throughout the month, transactions can be assigned to the correct expense types, receipts can be attached to transactions of $50 or more, and other required fields can be completed.
Statement Reports may only be submitted for approval when the statement cycle closes at the end of the month. Statement Reports must be submitted within 30 days of the statement closing date. For example, the Statement Report for the August 1 -August 31 billing cycle should be submitted no later than September 30.
Enter and Approve Statement Reports
The process of managing Statement Reports includes verifying the accuracy of your transactions, allocating them to the appropriate chartstrings, and providing additional documentation to substantiate your Departmental Purchasing Card activity. There are several actions required to substantiate your card activity:
- Select expense types
- Allocate your transactions
- Resolve exceptions
- Attach receipts
Learn how to Work with Departmental Purchasing Card Statement Reports.
Select Expense Types
Transactions may already be assigned to expense types based on information from the merchant and/or the bank. In some cases, you may need to correct the assigned expense type if another is more appropriate for the transaction.
Some transactions will come in with no expense type assigned to them. These transactions will be labeled ‘Undefined’, and you will need to select the appropriate expense type from the available list.
Allocate Your Transactions
You may choose to enter default ChartField information in your Concur profile (Profile tab > Expense Information). Your Expense Reports and Statement Reports will default to this chartstring.
There are three methods for changing allocations on a Statement Report:
- Double click your report name to edit the ChartFields on the report header. These allocations will apply to all line items on your report.
- Make changes to the chartstring on individual line items by selecting the expense and clicking the Allocate button on the right side of your screen.
- Select multiple expenses on your report, then click “Allocate the selected expenses” to change the allocations in bulk.
Learn how to Allocate Your Transactions (part of the Work with Departmental Purchasing Card Statement Reports Step-By-Step)
Exceptions identify transactions which require some review or action.
- Warning (Yellow) – Yellow warnings are informational only. You should review any items that have been flagged, and in some cases you may be asked to provide a comment.
- Hard Stop (Red) – Red exceptions must be resolved before you can submit your report.
Common Exceptions and How to Resolve Them
|Message||How To Resolve|
|The entry has an Undefined expense type||Select the appropriate expense type for the transaction. See a list of available Expense Types.|
|A receipt is required for this transaction||Attach receipts for expenses of $50 or more.|
|The itemization amounts to do not add up to the expense amount||
|Warning: This expense entry may be a duplicate||Ensure the marked transactions are not, in fact, errors or duplicates. If they are valid transactions, you may ignore this yellow warning and proceed with submitting your report.|
Receipts are required for transactions of $50 or greater.
There are three ways to send receipt images into your Concur Receipt Store:
- Take a digital image through the Concur mobile app
- Scan and email your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Save and upload receipt images directly from your desktop.
If another individual has assigned you as his/her expense delegate, you may email receipts to that user’s Receipt Store by including his/her email address in the subject line of your email to email@example.com.
Missing Receipts for Expenses of $50 or More
Receipts are required for expenses of $50 or more. If you are missing a receipt, you must create a Missing Receipt Affidavit. Click Receipts > Missing Receipt Affidavit, then select the expense for which you are missing the required receipt. Review the attestation and click Accept and Create.