What You Should Know
Non-PO Payment requests are used only in very select cases when the University needs to make a payment to a supplier, a faculty or staff member, a guest, or the government or other institution.
Situations in which it is appropriate to request a Non-PO Payment include;
- reimbursement paid to an employee for moving and relocation expenses,
- payment to a student of a one-time graduate fellowship,
- payment to speaker in the form of an honoraria,
- reimbursable travel expenses for a Princeton guest, and
- payment for items such as royalties, permits, taxes, and utilities.
Not all suppliers are eligible for a Non-PO Payment request. Active Suppliers for whom we have opened a purchase order, cannot be initiated via a Non-PO Payment request. For suppliers with a purchase order, requests for payment must be initiated via a requisition.
For types of purchases appropriate for Non-PO Payment requests see the Buying & Paying Guide.
For a listing of Payment Types and Accounts, see the Non-PO Payment Types Guide.
Request a Supplier
Before a Non-PO Payment can be requested or issued, you must Request a Supplier.
Create a Non-PO Payment
Documentation and Forms
Documentation (invoices, receipts, tax, Supplier Onboarding form, or other information) can be scanned and attached electronically to the Non-PO Payment request.
Learn more about Documentation Requirements for Setting Up a Supplier.