What You Should Know
eShipGlobal is an intuitive and easy to use web-based tool, in the Prime Marketplace. It incorporates our contract pricing and allows savings to be realized via rate and delivery comparison shopping
All necessary shipping documents are printed right from the tool. Your eShipGlobal account includes payment information via your University issued credit card. Charges are audited to ensure they are compliant with the service received, and reporting is available in the tool for your shipment history. Once your account is established, please discard your pre-printed airway bills and discontinue use of your existing individual FedEx and UPS accounts.
Prepare for eShipGlobal
To prepare your departmental shippers for using the eShipGlobal shipping tool:
- Ensure all shippers have a University NetID. A NetID can be requested through your departmental SCAD.
- All shippers must have a University issued credit card. This is the only method of payment that can be used in the new eShip tool. Departmental Credit Cards can be requested through the Financial Service Center.
- If your departmental shipper has a "DCU Account," additional steps need to be taken to request the Prime Shopper function, and access to Concur. Contact the Prime Support Center at (609) 258-7100, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before using the shipping tool, shippers should complete these one-time setups:
- Setup their eShip profile, including their University Credit Card information.
- Complete their Concur profile, and attend Concur training to learn how to reconcile expenses in Concur.
eShipGlobal is available as a punchout item in the Prime Marketplace. To access the Prime Marketplace, visit the Prime Portal http://prime.princeton.edu, and click on the "Marketplace Shopper" button. Once inside the Marketplace, click the eShipGlobal punchout button.
Detailed instructions for using eShipGlobal are available in this Quick Reference Guide.
eShip Transaction Review Guide
To review the shipments associated with your university credit card charges, follow the instructions contained in the eShip Transaction Review Guide.
Order supplies by calling FedEx and UPS directly. Detailed instructions are available on the eShipGlobal website under the “Supplies” Link. Choose from the list of supplies available on the eShipGlobal website.
A recent enhancement to the eShip tool now allows you to notify a third party on delivery as well as on a shipment. This function is located under the “Email Notification” field and allows you to enter up to four email addresses. There is no additional charge for this service.
For any urgent needs, you can walk over to the Financial Service Center at 7 New South and pickup supplies.
UPS/FedEx drop boxes on level 100 of the Frist Campus Center, along with other campus drop box locations also carry a limited number of supplies.
Multiple shipment pickup options are available for FedEx and UPS. You can schedule a routine pickup, use a dropbox, as well as schedule a one-time pickup. Details are available in this Shipment Pickup Guide.
Address Book Import
Address book import modifications have been made for FedEx and UPS. You can now import addresses from both carriers.
Frequently Asked Questions
View a list of frequently asked questions about shipping with the eShipGlobal tool. Additional information is also available in the User Orientation Guide, and Special Instructions and Email Notfications Document.