What You Should Know
Sponsored project salaries are certified in Labor Accounting based on the amount of salary earned during a monthly period. The distribution of employee and graduate student salaries charged to sponsored projects is controlled in Labor Accounting, which is used to allocate the payroll charges each month. The Labor Accounting system keeps track of each project’s certification status and records an audit trail of who, when, and what was certified.
- Effort reporting is based on Project and Activity.
- Cost share is charged directly to the Fund source. It is no longer certified on a separate project.
- When certifying effort, contact SRA if changes to FY14 and prior are needed.
Project End Dates
At the end of each project, review and adjustments are required.
- Salary may not be distributed to a project beyond the project-end date.
- Salary commitments cannot be encumbered beyond the project end date.