View Your W-2 or 1042-S Online Step-by-Step

LAST UPDATED: December 5, 2014

Important Information

The W-2 form reports your annual wages and the amount of taxes withheld from your paycheck for the calendar year. If you are an employee of Princeton University, the University will send you and the IRS your W-2 form in January for the previous year. Your W-2 is available online in early January for viewing and printing. You can view W-2s online since 2005. If you need a W-2 for a year before 2005, submit a Request for Duplicate W-2 Form to the Financial Service Center either by mail, fax, or email. Requests received by 5:00 pm Tuesday are mailed on Friday each week.

In February, 1042-S forms are available online for viewing and printing. Individuals who are no longer active should submit a Request for Duplicate 1042-S Form to Fellowship payments, and payments exerpted from tax under a treaty for foreign nationals (non-resident aliens), are subject to U.S. federal tax withholding that is reported on form 1042-S. The University will send you and the IRS your 1042-S form in March for the previous year.


  • 1

    Log in to HR Self Service if you are a member of the faculty or staff, or TigerHub if you are a student.

  • 2

    Select HR Self-Service from the left menu.

  • 3

    Select Payroll.

  • 4

    Select W-2/W-2c/1042.

  • 5

    Click Year End Form. A window will open with your most recent form. To view a different tax year, click View a Different Tax Year in the header bar and select the year you want to view.

  • 6

    Select Print to print your form.


Tel (609) 258-3080
Fax (609) 258-0442

Princeton University
Office of Finance & Treasury
701 Carnegie Center
Princeton, NJ 08540

Google Map
Princeton Shuttle


7 New South
Tel (609) 258-3080
Fax (609) 258-5040
Open Monday through Friday,
8:45 am — 5:00 pm


Customer service, cashiering,
check pick-up, financial system access


The General Ledger is your link to updates on people, policies, and other information related to financial transactions at the University.

Download Current Issue
Download Past Issues


How can we better serve you? Submit comments, questions, and ideas to our customer service department.