What You Should Know
New Awards, Projects & Activities
ORPA manages the award set-up process via PeopleSoft Grants as follows:
- Assign system-generated award number to sponsored awards
- CNVXXXXXXX (converted awards)
- AWDXXXXXXX (new awards)
- Assign system-generated project number(s) to the award
- Allocate budget to the assigned project(s) and activity(ies)
- Email NOAs to the NOA recipients of the new award
Award Set-Up Questions
Award set-up is primarily managed by ORPA and questions should be directed to the department’s assigned Grants & Contracts Administrator. Also, Sponsored Research Accounting may be able to provide some assistance and these inquiries should be directed to the department’s assigned Analyst.
For sponsored awards and projects, the PI assigned to the award and primary project can view all of the projects associated with the award via the sponsored research report viewer function.
Non-primary Project PIs can ONLY view the data specific to their assigned project(s) via the sponsored research report viewer function.
Important Note: Access to view salary information on sponsored projects is not determined at the Project level, but is based on each user’s approved access in Labor Accounting.