Princeton University’s Tax Department seeks to ensure compliance with federal and state tax laws and acts as a resource for the University community with respect to tax issues. The department:
- prepares and files the University's federal and state tax returns;
- responds to tax-related questions from academic and administrative departments;
- educates the University community on current tax issues;
- develops and monitors policies, procedures, and processes for adherence with tax regulations;
- represents the University in tax audits; and
- communicates with tax authorities.
Feel free to contact the tax department for information about University-related tax issues. However, the tax department does not offer personal tax advice, nor does information on this website represent tax advice. For personal income tax questions, seek professional tax advice.