Gift and Endowment Accounting
The Department of Gift and Endowment Accounting provides accounting, operational and compliance support for a wide range of contributions to the University including term gifts, endowed gifts, annual giving, capital gifts, gifts-in-kind, bequests and "planned" gifts. The department also provides accounting and operational support to the Princeton University Investment Company relating to the University’s endowment. While offering clear guidance and analytics our team:
- Ensures accurate accounting practices for expendable gifts, endowed funds and planned giving.
- Provides investment accounting and operational support for the University’s endowment.
- Maintains the unitized ownership of the endowment pool and provides support to various stakeholders.
- Performs financial compliance reviews for departmental spending of restricted funds.
- Supports the Advancement Office with regard to general gift processing, planned giving operations, annual giving, and capital gifts.
- Oversees policies and procedures related to term gifts and gifts designated to create permanent endowed funds.