Framework and Guiding Principles
The framework and guiding principles are the foundation for the Office of Finance and Treasury (F&T) Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) working group and will be used to help advance all initiatives that have been and will be promoted by the group.
The Office of Finance & Treasury is committed to advancing a sustainable culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion through impactful actions that enable our team to fully thrive and contribute equitably to the University and beyond.
Defining Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Diversity (Our People): The valued representation of all of our varied identities, backgrounds, and experiences, collectively and as individuals.
- Equity (Our Practices): The fair and impartial treatment and access to information, opportunity, and resources for all, in spite of barriers that may prevent the full participation of certain groups.
- Inclusion (Our Culture): The act of creating an environment and culture of involvement and empowerment in which everyone is encouraged, welcomed, respected, supported, and valued to fully contribute and participate.
The DEI Pillars
- Team – All current and prospective employees of F&T
We strive to attract and develop people from all identities and backgrounds who embrace our commitment to excellence, and we aspire to foster a shared experience, common purpose, and an inclusive community where all voices are encouraged and heard.
- University Partners – All staff, faculty, researchers, students, and alumni
We promote programming, resources, and opportunities in an effort to engage students, faculty, and staff at Princeton University and to positively impact the spaces and places through which they move.
- Greater Community – All individuals and organizations outside of the immediate University community
We pledge to serve as a point of connection and collaboration for the larger community, locally and globally, by exchanging access to resources, expertise, and opportunities.
- Business Partnerships – All current and prospective suppliers of goods and services to the University
We aspire to build meaningful and strategic partnerships with current and prospective service providers who reflect our commitment by embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the delivery of goods and services to the University.