Financial Shared Services provides financial management and transaction support to a diverse portfolio of participating academic and administrative departments across Princeton’s campus. Departments who join Financial Shared Services are partnered with an assistant manager who serves as the primary contact for all financial-related activities and questions.
With our connection to the Office of Finance and Treasury, Financial Shared Services strives to deliver exceptional service that aligns with best practices. We accomplish this goal with experience and expertise in our service areas, increasing policy compliance and reducing overall risk.
Financial Shared Services staff are located in proximity to the departments they serve and provide financial support by:
- Facilitating, creating, and approving transactions related to payment requests, requisitions, and journal entries.
- Supporting the supplier onboarding process for domestic and foreign individuals and suppliers.
- Preparing, reviewing, and approving travel & expense and statement reports.
- Assisting with labor accounting entries and Student Activities Funding Engine (SAFE) administration.
- Offering guidance on financial policies and procedures.
- Providing financial consulting services, including financial planning and reviewing business processes and recommending/implementing improvements.
If you would like to learn more about Financial Shared Services, please contact Brandon Gaines.